Tuesday, January 29, 2008

McCain and a Ron Paul Question

As I mentioned before, it looks like it'll be Romney for me.

Even when I wrote about that earlier, I had a nagging doubt that maybe McCain wasn't as liberal as I thought. Well that doubt has been solidly put to rest:

NYT endorses McCain

If the Times likes him, he's ultra liberal.

As a matter of fact, I have decided that if McCain gets the nomination, I will absolutely not be voting Republican in this presidential election. I would likely vote for the Libertarian candidate. However, if Obama wins the Dem primary, I could find myself voting for him. Highly unlikely, but possible. If any other Dem gets it, then I will absolutely vote Libertarian.

And, as we all know, Giuliani has no hope. It'd be funny if he came out on top in FL, but no way. And I still have problems with his personal ethics.

As for the Republican primary, I may just vote for Ron Paul after all.
Now, everyone seems to think he's a nutcase, and I agreed with them somewhat because he seemed to be a little extreme, but here's some of his voting record:

On the Issues

and, as I've posted earlier, here's his own issues page:

Ron Paul 2008

Here's my question:

Other than wanting to pull out of Iraq, exactly where is Ron Paul crazy? I'm not seeing it. What am I missing? Why would I not vote for him?

He won't win the nomination, so it looks like its down to McCain and Romney there.

2 comments:

R.A. Porter said...

Well, he *is* a racist and an anti-semite. Also, he's obsessed with the gold standard.

2old4this said...

HOLY CRAP!!!

I googled some of this stuff and really got an education.

After the racist and anti semite stuff and other awful stuff that came along with that, I didn't even bother with the gold standard.

In my own defense, I was focusing on his political record, which makes sense. I didn't look into his personal life or accusations from enemies and such, so I never came across this stuff.

I'm going to make a new post of this, rather than just a reply.

Thank you very much for pointing this out to me.