Saturday, January 5, 2008

Candidate Info

I'll be 50 this year, I voted every election since I turned 18, and only once was I ever unsure about who was the best candidate. That time, I voted for Perot instead of the Republican. Even the Republican primaries were pretty clear, and I never gave a rat's ass about the Democrat primaries.

This is the most interesting primary I've ever seen, since this time I just don't know who to vote for or even consider. Which Republican candidate is best? Do I even like ANY of them? The Republicans have not been doing their jobs for the last several years and I'm pretty disgusted with the party overall. And the Democrats aren't looking all that bad this time around. I think in the Presidential election, I may just vote Libertarian, but I really do want to vote in the primaries (in CT, you can't vote the primaries if you are an independent, that's the only reason I have stayed registered as a Republican).

To help myself out, I have bookmarked the Issues section of each candidate's website, along with the Libertarian's and a general ratings site. I haven't read all of them yet. I deleted Biden's and Dodd's since they dropped out. Starts with Republicans:

Huckabee

Romney

McCain

Paul

Clinton

Edwards

Obama

Kucinich


Libertarian Party


Washington Post candidate review

Of course, this is just their talk, I guess I'll have to try and look at what they've actually DONE too.

The one that surprised me was Huckabee. I viewed him as an over the top, bible thumpin' hillbilly who would pardon Son of Sam if a preacher told him to, but damned if he didn't have one of the clearest, most concise, straightforward set of positions! I'm really going to have to give him another look, even though I can't stand the thought of such an ugly fat ass family in the white house.

Hope this list of links helps some other confused soul out there.

Update: 01-28-08:
I've removed a few more who've dropped out and made the links into actual links.

1 comment:

R.A. Porter said...

Here's a site that purport to match you with your candidate. I've not tried it yet, so I can't say whether it works worth a damn.

My Election Choices