Saturday, September 13, 2008

Maybe I will vote for McCain

Simply because I hate most of the news media.

The Obamessiah gets a gentle, and very helpful, hand from an interviewer, and Palin gets attacked.
Both should have been attacked really.

I was planning on voting Libertarian, just as a protest more than anything else as I don't think much of Barr, but when McCain selected Palin as his running mate, I said, "hey that was a pretty neat zinger there."
So, I started leaning a little more towards the old guy, but not too much.

Now, I am almost certain to vote for him, simply because I am sick and tired of the media's fawning over the most holy Obamessiah. For example, Palin's religion is a problem and the Obamessiah's close religious and family relationship with a racist asshole is just fine?

The lipstick comment is bullcrap, the Obamessiah simply used a fairly common term and I in no way believe he directed it at Palin. No one could truly believe that. So that's what the media focuses on for days.

Screw you CBS, NBC, etc. etc.

You make me sick, and I will probably vote for McCain/Palin simply because you are so obviously in love with the Obamessiah and will throw aside all semblance of journalistic integrity to insure his victory.

One small article outlining a few examples:

UPI article

2 comments:

R.A. Porter said...

I don't know about that. Obama went on O'Reilly. That wasn't a bunch of softballs.

Also bear in mind that the nation has had quite a while to learn about Obama and dig into his record and past. With Palin, there's what? Ten weeks from nomination to election day? Even for a real McCain supporter - not someone like you, but someone who actually *likes* McCain - wouldn't it be better to find out who Sarah Palin is now as opposed to having a bombshell drop on November 2nd or 3rd?

It's not likely there are any deep, dark mysteries left about McCain, Obama, or Biden. They've all been in the spotlight a long time. But Palin's still in shadows.

I'm no Obama fan. He's just another in a long line of Chicago pols. But I prefer his policies and stances to McCain's, assuming some level of truthfulness from both of them in expressing those positions. And that's all I can do, is assume that both camps are reasonably truthful and pick the candidate whose positions hew more closely with mine.

The echo chamber of the media, and political blogs...that's just noise. If something worthwhile does occasionally come out of it - Tony Rezko, or rape kits, or blatant distortions of the truth/lies from the candidates - that's great. Beyond that, I basically consider them background noise.

One final thought: let's say the media *is* tougher on Palin than on anyone else. Let's even go so far as to say they beat her up solely because they think she'd be a bad Veep. Is media bias enough reason to vote differently? What if she really *would* be a terrible Veep and they just figured it out first? Are they inherently wrong just because they're the media?

Actually, I have one *more* thing. Gibson is a pussy of an interviewer and everyone knows it. It's presumably why he was picked, and it's why he was prejudged all week by the rest of the media and the left-leaning bloggers. I think that's why he came out all aggro on Palin. Just to prove his own manhood.

2old4this said...

Good points, especially the fact that we are all at the mercy of the candidates claims. I figure that they'll simply lie and tell us whatever they think we want to hear.
I prefer to look at what they've actually done, and I have to admit that I'm way behind in that study.

Since I don't care for any candidate running, I believe that we as a country are screwed no matter who wins the election. So for this go around, I feel that voting simply as a protest against media bias is as good a reason as any to pick a candidate.

In addition, I am of the opinion that a governor is a better choice for president than a senator, no matter the length of service.
Because of this, I very much like Palin as vice president. I think we need some fresh blood, get away from the standard issue career beltway boys.

This election was fun and interesting. Now it's just interesting.