Sunday, October 26, 2014

Soylent Review, with 100%Food Also

Right off, the Soylent seems to work well.

It tastes OK, kind of like cake batter as others have described. Its consistency is fine, as I mix up an entire bag in the truly excellent blender jug they ship with the first order, and it sits in the fridge for a day or more before I use it.
The 100% food I mix in the bottle it comes in and drink it right away. But I don't see that there would be any benefit to letting it sit. Soylent specifically recommends it, 100% Food recommends against it.

The Soylent is just as filling as the 100% Food. The 100% Food chocolate tastes better, but the other two flavors, Raw and Spicy, are not quite as good as Soylent. Again, no difference between any of them as far as feeling satiated.

I notice an increase in gassiness with the Soylent that I did not get with the 100% Food. This should go away as my body gets used to the Soylent, so no concern.

I missed the lunch meal, twice this week, and breakfast once. I'd really like to go through a solid week of the stuff for breakfast and lunch. My schedule looks like I should be able to easily this coming week.

I was thinking about going with Soylent for both meals this coming week, followed by 100% Food the next, but instead I'm going to stick with Soylent for breakfast and 100% Food for lunch.

I've backed off on the idea of trying any other Custom Body Fuel products, as they are too expensive. So the contest is down to Soylent and 100% Food. I'm not sure what to do about weekends, as I don't plan to buy more than a two week supply of the winner each month and only use that for breakfast and lunch, which will leave me a bit short on weekends. I need not worry yet though, as I have plenty of People Fuel left for that for now.

My waist measured 52 inches, but I"m still at 283 lbs, so I consider the measurement to be a fluke.

I noticed some odd things (nothing bad) about using these, but I'm not ready to mention them yet as they could be just odd days or something.

This next week will tell me for sure, so I'll mention it all next week.

So far, I'm very happy with and would recommend either product.



No comments: